Saturday, April 7, 2012

He Is Risen!

Yes indeed – He is risen!

“On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb.  They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.”Luke 24:1-3

My Savior is alive!  He walks with me, he hears my prayers, he guides me, he comforts me, he corrects me, and he enjoys my praises!

After that horrendous Friday – when many turned away from Jesus, doubting all he had preached, believing he was defeated – as he had told his disciples earlier, on the third day, he rose from the dead!

Some were given the privilege to see him that very day.  Some, including Thomas, did not see him immediately and found it hard to believe he had risen from the dead.

He later appeared before Thomas and then spent another 40 days on earth, appearing to many, proving he had risen and preparing his disciples to continue the work he began, once he would leave to be with the Father.

Jesus said to Thomas, “Because you have seen me, you have believed.  Blessed are they that have not seen me, and yet have believed.”

I have not literally “seen” the Lord Jesus Christ – but I have seen his work in my life, have seen him answer prayers, have seen him change my heart, have seen other’s lives changed and touched by a living Savior.

No other religious leader, prophet, or teacher has risen from the dead.  Their bodies still remain in their graves – and many, all over the world, worship them, trying to live up to the approval of a person no longer alive.

Not only is Jesus alive – he has given all those who trust their lives to him the gift of the Holy Spirit – to guide them, and intercede for them with God the Father.  He has also left us his Word – a Living Word – to know him – intimately.

My faith is not based on its moral principles or depth of some spiritual experience.  If that were the case, it would be no better than any other religion of the world, and Jesus would be only another great moral teacher.  No, my faith stands entirely on the person, the work and the resurrection of Jesus Christ.




The Lord Jesus Christ called to me and I answered.  He knew me before I was in my mother’s womb – he had a plan and a purpose for my life.  My answering has allowed him to guide me on this path, to know his plans, and to be able to say, with certainty, “Halleluiah, Halleluiah, He is Risen!”

No comments:

Post a Comment