Monday, January 2, 2012

New Beginnings

Nonna's Blessings
As 2012 begins, I look back at the past year and how the Lord, who is always merciful and loving, blessed me in so many ways it amazes me. 

My daughter and I just returned from a visit with my son and his family for Christmas.  It was a wonderful time spent with my grandchildren; playing games, reading books, going out to various activities, tea parties, hugs and kisses and just sitting back and hearing their chatter and laughter.  It brought such joy to me.  To have my children and grandchildren all together for the holidays was a gift in itself.

Christmas 1983
Christmas 1983


It seems just like yesterday that my own children were as young as my grandchildren – excited about Christmas surprises, goodies, and special visits. 
Now my son is married with three children, living far from home, yet never far from my heart.  My daughter is living on her own, working in NYC, and has become an amazing friend as well as daughter.  My joy comes from the fact that both serve the Lord with all their hearts.  They have realized the calling made to each of them, and have responded with full faith and obedience – opening the opportunity to realize the destiny planned for each by the Lord.

I sometimes wonder how I am so blessed . . . how a Holy God notices me . . . He knows my concerns . . . He hears my prayers . . . and He included me in his plan for his eternal purpose.   He is ever so faithful and asks that I too respond with faith – which is His gift to me to give back in return.

I anticipate a year of blessings, challenges, and opportunities to grow in faith and love.

If a resolution were to be pledged – not that I truly like resolutions, since most last approximately a month at best – I would carefully look at how I spend the many hours in each day and truly prioritize my time.


I would spend more time in God’s Word – more time in prayer – more time being still and knowing He is God.  I would wait and not be anxious – pause and listen in awe.  I would put aside whatever distracts me from His presence and realize His hand in my every day activities.  I would share His love with everyone I come in contact with.  I would truly trust Him when life seems to be full of struggles or hardships.  I would say yes, when being asked to step out of my comfort zone for His Kingdom purposes.  I would know my Lord so well that His desires would become my desires.  I would stop and look back at all the amazing answered prayers.

Perhaps this year will truly be a year of new beginnings.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Have a blessed New Year, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me cry!!! Its so awesome to see how faithful God has been to you as a mom. Sometimes I look at my kids and I get caught up in worrying how everything will turn out, how everything will affect them. This has reminded me that, no matter what happens, God is good and He is carrying us...and I expect them to do no less than serve Him...just as yours do!! Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete