Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Privilege to Worship

I am about to head out to church – to worship My Lord, who called me to be his child, who loves me as I am, who has forgiven all my iniquities, who continues to conform me into his image and lead me in my walk each and every day!

How is it that this holy God chooses to commune with us?  Why does our worship bring joy to a God who has all and is all?  God created us to honor Him and to worship Him.  God has chosen us to a personal relationship with Him.  He does not need us, or our love, yet he desires our hearts. 

And yet, no matter how many times God has touched our lives, no matter how many fascinating details we learn about His creation, no matter how many pictures we see of His galaxies, and no matter how many sunsets we watch, we still forget.

There is no way we can ever fathom all of who He is.  Words cannot contain Him – and yet we are given the privilege to worship this holy God.

“The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.” - Psalm 19:1–4

No comments:

Post a Comment