Monday, November 4, 2013

BAM!

Oh how I LOVE TO COOK!  How I LOVE TO SHARE A MEAL!  And oh, how I LOVE TO EAT!

Get a bunch of friends together to cook some favorite, delicious meals for a pot luck – and BAM – it’s an International Cook Off!

I shared a dish that I had made with one of my friends at work, and as she was eating it for lunch, two guys sitting near her asked what she was eating.  She told them I made a special dish for her and I was now being approached and asked, “Where’s ours?”

I promised that I would include them in my next shared dish, but after awhile, with further discussion – we all decided to each bring in a favorite dish and have a pot luck lunch.

The taste buds were tingling – the questions were being asked, “What are you bringing?”  The choices were all over the place.



After awhile – and with growing appetites . . . the day came and there we were – at our 1st International Cook Off!
 

 


Lisa’s Curried Chicken





Manny’s Crispy Fried Shrimp


Stan’s Korean Chap Jae Noodles & Kimbap
 
 

Nancy’s Cajun Jambalaya

 
Maddie’s Brazilian Feijoada
  

Jenna’s Quinoa with Butternut Squash

   with Goat Cheese & Walnuts
 




 


Emmogene’s Spaghetti Aglio E Olio with Pancetta

 

Bob’s Baked Ziti & Meatballs


Special guest appearance with additional treats:
 

Verna’s Homemade Cornbread
 

Janet’s Ice Box Cake
 
 
BAM!  This was amazing!





No comments:

Post a Comment