Thursday, June 16, 2011

Haiti Update











Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying,
“Whom shall I send?  And who will go for us?” 
And I said, “Here am I.  Send me!” – Isaiah 6:8

A short update on what’s been going on. 

Our team has been meeting with members of Children In Need Haitian Project (CINHP), learning a bit of Creole and discussing what tasks we will be involved in, preparing for this amazing opportunity that the Lord has given our church.  We will be in L’Espinasse, Haiti, high in the mountains outside Port-au-Prince, working with CINHP in various projects: helping with some construction in their school; painting the areas already completed; working with the children in some of their school programs; running a vacation bible school for the children; reaching out to the families of this area; assisting in a medical clinic; spending some time in Grace Village - a tent city that is still home to approximately 22,000 Haitian people – just one of the many tent cities in Haiti.

Our journey begins at 6am, Friday, June 24 – returning Monday evening, July 4.

I am so thankful for all who have supported me both financially and prayerfully, and ask that the prayers continue throughout this amazing journey.

Check out my post on June 4 to see how this opportunity for me all came to be . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment